We’re All About Family
Whitt’s Barbecue is a family-run organization so we treat our employees like family.
Since we opened our first store in Nashville over 40 years ago, we have had the chance to work with many amazing people. These folks have helped us grow and become a barbecue tradition in Music City and surrounding counties.
We are sincerely grateful for all who have been a part of our family through the years.
As we continue to serve our customers, Whitt’s Barbecue is always looking for new team members who work hard, have a great attitude and love to serve others.
We offer competitive pay and benefits for elligible employees, including:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
Most of our locations are closed on Sundays and major US Holidays.
Our Employees Love Us
Our employees really seem to love working with us too!
Many of our managers and key personnel have been with us for over 10 years while others have been with us more than 20 years! Some have even gone on to open sub franchises in surrounding counties. This is the kind of loyalty that really makes a difference!
If you feel that you may be a fit for our team, we would love for you to apply.
General Overview of Job Roles / Employment Positions
NOTE: Before we define each position, it’s important to understand that everyone who works for Whitt’s Barbecue learns how to perform everyone else’s job duties. We work as a team, and it’s important that we’re all about to help each other out!
- Manager – Store: This person manages day to day operations of a Whitt’s Barbecue location. They manage all employee shift schedules, inventory and accounting for the store as well as facility maintenance.
- Assistance Manager – Store: This person backs up the manager in all duties, filling in when the manager is not at the store.
- Opener – Store: This person gets all food and orders prepared in the mornings, getting the store ready and open for lunch.
- Closer – Store: This person works through dinner and closes the store down. Cleaning up from the day and getting things ready for the next day. This person is responsible for making sure everything is locked up and secure for the night.
- Cashier/Window – Store: This person primary works the drive thru or walk up window, taking orders and managing the cash register.
- Food Prep – Store: This person primarily makes food for the lunch and dinner rush.
- Manager – Commissary: This person manages the day to day operations at the commissary where all our meats are smoked and prepped. This person also manages commissary employees, scheduling, and inventory as well as helping in food prep and cleaning.
- Food Prep – Commissary: This person preps all food at the commissary where we smoke all of our meats. Responsible for making sure all equipment is clean each day and a high standard of food prep is kept in all of our products.
Employment Application Disclaimer and Acknowledgement
Whitt’s Barbecue does not discriminate in hiring of terms or conditions or employment on the basis of race color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, or any other basis upon which discrimination is prohibited by the municipal, state, or federal law. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
The filing of an application with Whitt’s Barbecue is a preliminary step to employment. It does not obligate Whitt’s Barbecue to offer employment, or the application to accept employment. An offer of employment, if made, is for employment at will and is not to be construed as a guarantee of continued employment. Whitt’s Barbecue reserves the right to terminate the employment of any employee at any time. Any employee of Whitt’s Barbecue also has the right to terminate his or her employment with Whitt’s Barbecue at any time.
By submitting this Application for General Employment, you certify that the information contained within the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You also agree that to falsify information is grounds for refusing employment, or for discharge should you be hired.
By submitting this form, in consideration for employment, you agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Whitt’s Barbecue.
By submitting this form, you authorize any of the persons or organizations listed within the General Application for Employment to give all information concerning your previous employment, education, or any other information they might have, personal or otherwise, with regard to any of the subjects covered by this application, and release all such parties from all liability that may result from furnishing such information to any authorized representative of Whitt’s Barbecue. You authorize Whitt’s Barbecue to request and receive such information.
Additionally, you acknowledge that your employment with Whitt’s Barbecue may be terminated, or any offer or acceptance of employment withdrawn, at any time, with or without prior notice at the option of the company or yourself.
By submitting this General Application for Employment, you declare your understanding that no representative of Whitt’s Barbecue has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time, or to assure or make some other personnel move, either prior to commencement of employment or after you have become employed, or to assure any benefits or terms and conditions of employment, or to make any agreement, that is contrary to the foregoing.
How to Apply
There are four ways to apply. Pick the one you like best and go for it!
- Fill out the form below and click Apply at the bottom. Your application will be emailed to us.
- Download our application on PDF by clicking the link below. Then print the application, fill it out, and bring it to any Whitt’s Barbecue location listed on this website.
- Download our application on PDF by clicking the link below, print the application, fill it out, scan it and email it to email@example.com
- Come see us at any of the Whitt’s Barbecue locations listed on this site and ask for an application.
Please Note: Applications will only be valid for the following locations in and near Middle Tennessee.
Antioch, Ashland City, Belle Meade, Bowling Green, Clarksville, Cookville, Dickson, Donelson, Franklin, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Hermitage, Lebanon, Madison, Mt. Juliet, Murfreesboro – S. Church St., Murfreesboro – Sulphur Springs, Nolensville Rd., Shelbyville, Smyrna, Springfield, Tullahoma, Waverly, & West Nashville